Aging isn't easy.
Many find themselves overwhelmed when it comes to caring for themselves or an elderly parent. Juggling the demands of work and family life can be difficult enough, but when you add in the challenge of caring for a loved one with chronic health problems, it can feel downright impossible. This is where a Life Care Plan comes in to fill the void.
Why a life care plan is important
- It can help ensure that you or your loved one receives the best possible care. The team of experts who create the plan will help you find the right care providers and, if necessary, the right long-term care facility to make sure that all of your needs are being met whether inside or outside the home.
- It can help protect your finances by plugging you into public resources to help you pay for your care and ensure you are receiving the best deal possible.
- It can also help you protect your loved one’s estate. The plan will provide a roadmap for transferring assets and making sure that your loved ones receive a legacy at your passing.
Ensuring your loved one gets good care
Your Life Care Plan will be customized to fit your desires and needs. Your Life Care Plan can then provide you the road map to follow to achieve your care and asset protection goals. And, when changes occur, we stay with you every step of the way to help you shift to another road as it becomes necessary.
Your Life Care Plan, therefore, includes both elder law and care coordination services.
Quality of Life
We help make sure that you or your loved one gets good care, whether that care is at home or outside the traditional home setting. This is the most important of all goals, for it goes to the very heart of your quality of life in your later years. Your Life Care Plan is focused first on your good health, safety, and well-being.
We also help you plan for future care needs, so that you can be prepared financially and emotionally for whatever comes down the road. This includes planning for long-term care in a nursing home or assisted living facility, as well as making arrangements for end-of-life care. No one likes to think about these things, but it’s important to be prepared.
Tailored to You
We work with you and your family to create a plan that’s tailored specifically for you. We take into account your unique circumstances, needs, and goals. And we make sure that everyone involved – from your spouse or partner to your children and other relatives – is on the same page.
You're Not Alone. Millions of families are in the same situation as you. We are here to help.
Our team is dedicated to helping aging adults find get and pay for the care they need.
We can provide the support and guidance you need to make the best decisions for yourself and your loved ones.
With our help, you can feel confident that you're doing everything possible to protect yourself and your family.
A Life Care Plan is your roadmap– a guide through the frustrating and confusing maze of your aging loved one’s chronic care demands.
Making the best possible life planning decisions for your family is your pathway to peace of mind
What Is Life Care Planning?
A Life Care Plan combines the legal knowledge of an Elder Law Attorney with the experienced advocacy of the following professionals:
- Registered Nurse/Elder Care Coordinator
- Social Worker/Elder Care Coordinator
- Medicare Coordinator
- Medicaid Coordinator
- Veterans Benefits Paralegal
- Estate Planning Paralegal
- Trust Funding Paralegal
Together this team produces a holistic solution to meet your legal, planning, and care needs.
A Life Care Plan Includes:
Legal Services of an Elder Law Attorney to protect your loved one’s rights and preserve family wealth for future generations.
- Probate Avoidance
- Medicaid Planning and strategies to access all available public benefits.
- Coordination of public and private resources to pay for long term care.
- Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Health Care Advance Directives.
Elder Care Coordination to advocate for your loved one and maximize his or her quality of life.
- An ally to guide your family through every step of your loved one’s chronic care.
- Education – training that teaches you when to call for services and where you will get results.
- At home and on-site assessments to identify your loved one’s care needs and provide assistance in meeting them.
- Guidance on selecting and gaining admission to long term care facilities.
- Solutions that help you find and arrange in-home help.
- Organization of transportation needs.
One Flat Fee.
There are three principal goals of the Life Care Plan that we help you develop and implement:
- We help make sure that you or your loved one gets good care, whether that care is at home or outside the traditional home setting. This is the most important of all goals, for it goes to the very heart of your quality of life in your later years. Your Life Care Plan is focused first on your good health, safety, and well-being.
- We help you make decisions relating to your long-term care and special needs. We are your resource of experienced, supportive, knowledgeable, and objective advisors.
- We help you find sources to pay for good long-term care. We work with you through the maze of choices and options to find the best solution to the asset protection problem created by the need to pay for quality long-term care.
A Life Care Plan helps you and your loved ones answer other pressing questions as well:
- How do I assure my financial security as I get older?
- What public benefits am I entitled to, and what do I have to do to qualify for them?
- Should I rely on Medicaid or other government benefits to help pay for my care? How do I apply for benefits?
- What kinds of insurance do I need? Should I buy long-term care insurance? Should I join a Medicare HMO?
- How and when should I distribute my assets? Can I save taxes and avoid probate?
- Do I have to spend all of my money on my care, whether in my home or in a residential care facility such as a nursing home? How can I protect my assets to take care of my spouse, ensure that I get good care, and leave a legacy to my children?
- How do I provide for family members with special needs?
Real life success stories
Discover how some of our clients have benefited from advocacy through a Life Care Plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Set up a consultation today.
Whether you're planning for your parents, your spouse, or even yourself, The Law Practice of Dennison Keller, LLC will meet you at the crossroads of legal and care advocacy to show you one clear path out of the maze and get you on the road toward your own peace of mind.